Coorg, ornated by an omnipresent layer of clouds over its low-lying hills and surrounded with coffee plantations is the place to be for any nature lover. At a distance of just about 270 km from Bangalore, the small, misty town would be the perfect getaway weekend after a tiring week.
The hill station is popular not only due to its serene topography with dancing waterfalls and streams but also due to the local culture of Kodavas, a community specializing in martial arts. They are known for their hospitality which can be witnessed in one of the innumerable ‘homestays’. The drive to the Scotland of India, Coorg is as adventurous as the town itself, with promising views of stunning mountains, cascading rivers and eye-feasting views of flora and fauna.
What is included in the tour
- Entire travel as per the itinerary by Non-AC Tempo Traveller/Mini Bus.
- 3 meals— 2 breakfast, 1 Lunch & 1 Dinner.
- Trip captain throughout the trip.
- Accommodation on sharing basis in a homestay/campsite.
- Bonfire session with a fun activity.
- Visit Abbey waterfalls, Mandalpatti & Explore Madikeri Market
- Coffee estate nature walk and town visit.
- Explore Irupu waterfalls and Raja seat.
- Experience of group travel and get a chance to meet travelers from different backgrounds.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cost arises due to uncontrollable circumstances like bad weather conditions, landslides, or some public protest. Anything not mentioned under “inclusions”.
- Any guide fees, entry charges which are not mentioned on the itinerary.
- Jeep ride charge to Mandalpati.
- Travel, Accidental, and Medical Insurance.
- 5 % GST.
Day 0 (Fri)
- Start the road trip to Coorg at 10.00 PM from Bangalore, packed with a lot of energy.
- The journey will take about 8-9 hours. Meet your co-travelers and be ready for an adventure.
Day 1 (Sat)
Mandalpatti- Abbey Waterfall- Raja Seat- Local shopping - Music night- Bonfire
- Reach the campsite/homestay in the morning, freshen up, and have breakfast.
- Drive to the base of Mandalpatti and Go on a bumpy Jeep ride to one of the most prettiest places in Coorg – Mandalpatti. It takes about an hour journey by 4×4 Jeep. Witness amazing views from one of the highest points of Karnataka and soak in the sun
- Head to Madikeri town, and finish Lunch at a restaurant. Lunch will be taken at a local restaurant. (Due to limited options, please choose whatever is available)
- Visit mesmerizing Abbey waterfall that gushes down from a height of 70 feet to form a pool below that later joins the Cauvery river. Travelers would need to cross a picturesque hanging bridge to reach waterfalls
- Enjoy the most famous sunset of Coorg at the Raja’s seat, a tourist attraction that offers panoramic views of the valley.
- Madikeri town is famous for spices, coffee, tea, and honey. Take half an hour to shop
- Return to the stay, refresh and enjoy a campfire night. Fun, food, and music with long and deep conversations followed by a peaceful slumber.
Day 2 (Sun)
Coffee estate walk- Visit Irupu Waterfalls & Soak in the peaceful views of Golden Temple
- Wake up to a relaxing morning in the lap of nature. Indulge in some fun activities at the homestay/campsite.
- After breakfast, check out from the homestay/campsite and head out to visit the Irupu Falls
- Make a visit to the Namdroling Monastery, one of the Largest centers of Buddhism dedicated to the Vajrayana Tibetan Buddhism.
- After lunch, head back to Bangalore with some amazing trip memories
- Return journey to Bangalore. We will reach Bangalore by 10:30 PM. (Approx)
Pickup Points:- We have four pickup points in Bangalore
New Udupi Garden ( Teacher’s Colony ) HSR Layout | Teacher’s Colony, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka
KLM Fashion Mall | Marathalli | Marathalli Village, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Licious Headoffice | Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Things to carry:
- Soft copy of your Aadhar card and Vaccine certificate.
- Face mask and Sanitizer
- Cargo/Track pants/Shorts
- Good traction shoes
- Water bottles (2)
- Cap and Sunglasses
- Personal medical kit
- Bluetooth speaker
- Flip-flops for lazing around the campsite
- Polybags to carry your wet clothes
- Extra cash for meals not included in the itinerary
- Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek
- And most importantly your sense of humor and the spirit of adventure.