You may think that Southern India has fewer places for adventure sports. Let us tell you that you might want to think over that assumption.
Dandeli, in Uttar Karnataka is known as the adventure capital of Southern India with Class 3 rapids for rafting at river Kali, canoeing, trekking, biking, etc. Hidden among the lush green forests of the Western Ghats, it is a paradise for wildlife enthusiasts, photographers, and adventurers alike. The hiking trails are perfect to explore on a lazy Sunday where you can wonder upon a staggering variety of flora and fauna.
The beauty of Dandeli is unmatched in its natural aura and the myriad of escapades in the adventure sports one will find. There’s no more waiting to visit the place and have your share of thrill. Go on, now. Book that ticket already!
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Tents on sharing basis
- Meals- Breakfast on Day 1 & 2,1 Dinner and Evening Tea
- Entire travel as per the itinerary by Non- AC Tempo Traveller/Mini Bus.
- Trip captain throughout the trip
- Local sightseeing in Dandeli
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel, Accidental and Medical insurance
- Cost arises due to uncontrollable circumstances like bad weather conditions, landslides, or some public protest.
- Anything not mentioned under “inclusions”.
- Water sports activities in Dandeli. ( River rafting, Kayaking, Zorbing, etc.)
- GST @ 5%
Hike to Syntheri Rocks
River rafting & Kayaking in Kali river
Camping amidst the jungle
Chitradurga fort trek
Group travel experience
Day 0 | Depart for Dandeli
- We start with our overnight journey from Bengaluru around 9:30 PM. While onboard, our trip captain would have a fun ice-breaking session planned for you to get you out of the office blues and get to know each other.
Day 1 | River Rafting in Dandeli & Hike to Syntheri Rocks
- Wake up to a beautiful morning surrounded by the lush green forest and songs of birds of the Kali Tiger Reserve. The stay would be in the heart of the town of Dandeli.
- We freshen up and after a tummy-filling breakfast, pack the necessary things for trek and rafting to head to Syntheri Rock by bus. The trek of 4 kms through the dense jungle would introduce you to a variety of species, at the end of which, you will be greeted by the Kaneri River.
- After the activities, have your respective lunch and get ready for the best of the adventure, ie, rafting. The reporting time at the rafting point is 2 PM.
- The best water rafting spot in Karnataka, white water river rafting is as thrilling as it could be. However, much depends on the water level and the volume of water from the dam. In case the water level is too high, rafting would be replaced with another water sport.
- The adventure ends with us enjoying the sunset along with fun for the rest of the evening.
Day 2 | Chitradurga Fort Trek
- A healthy breakfast awaits you after a good night’s slumber.
- We start our return journey to Bangalore with a pitstop at Chitradurga city. The lunch is self-sponsored to be had on the way. While in Chitradurga, Chitradurga fort is a must-visit, which can be reached via a short hike.
- Reach Bangalore by 10 PM on Sunday.
Pickup Points:- We have four pickup points in Bangalore
New Udupi Garden ( Teacher’s Colony ) HSR Layout | Teacher’s Colony, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka
KLM Fashion Mall | Marathalli | Marathalli Village, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Licious Headoffice | Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Govardhan Theatre, Yeshwanthpur | Tumkur Road, Yeshwanthpur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Things to carry:
- Soft copy of your Aadhar card and Vaccine certificate.
- Face mask and Sanitizer
- Cargo/Track pants/Shorts
- Good traction shoes
- Water bottles (2)
- Cap and Sunglasses
- Personal medical kit
- Bluetooth speaker
- Flip-flops for lazing around the campsite
- Polybags to carry your wet clothes
- Extra cash for meals not included in the itinerary
- Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek
- And most importantly your sense of humor and the spirit of adventure.