Chikmagalur has a fascinating story behind its etymology. The literal meaning of the word is ‘the young daughter’s town’ derived from the fact that Chikmagalur was offered as a dowry to the younger daughter of the Chief of Sakrepatna, Rukmangada. Set against the backdrop of the majestic Mullayangir ranges, Chikmagalur also happens to be the ‘Coffee Land of Karnataka’.
The serene environment is enriched with tea and coffee plantations, set in the backdrop of captivating cloudy hilltops at an elevation of 3,400 ft. Amidst the hills, away from the commercial and bustling cities, Chikmagalur is the perfect weekend getaway to escape to and be in the laps of nature. Whether you are a thrill enthusiast or a nature lover, there’s always something for you to do in the city. With numerous cascading waterfalls and the rugged terrain, go for a hike or take a dip in the waters, you will have plenty to explore.
What is included in the tour
- Entire travel as per the itinerary by Non- AC Tempo Traveller/Mini Bus.
- Meals- Breakfast on Day 1 & 2 and Dinner on day 1.
- Trip captain throughout the trip.
- Accommodation on sharing basis in tents.
- Local Trek guide
- Mullayanagiri trek, Jeep ride to Buttermilk waterfalls & Visit to Bababudangiri
- Coffee estate nature walk and town visit
- Explore Yagachi reservoir and Belur temple
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned under inclusions.
- Travel, Accidental and Medical insurance
- Jeep ride charge to Mullayangiri and Jhari waterfalls.
- Cost arises due to uncontrollable circumstances like bad weather conditions, landslides, or some public protest. Anything not mentioned under “inclusions”.
- GST @ 5%
Day 0 (Fri)
- We start our journey overnight from Bangalore at 9:30 P.M.
- Enjoy a road trip of 8 hours with blazing music and cool breeze.
Day 1 (Sat)
- Reach the homestay in the morning, freshen up, and have breakfast.
- Drive to the base of Mullayannagiri, park our vehicles and hike up the hill.
- Witness amazing views from the highest point of Karnataka, soak in the sun, and trek back to base
- Lunch will be taken at a local restaurant. (Due to limited options, please choose whatever is available).
- Go for a Jeep ride to Buttermilk waterfalls and dive into the chilling water.
- Drive to stunning views of the Bababudangiri range, and enjoy the valley draped with clouds.
- Return to the camp, refresh and enjoy a campfire night.
- Fun, food, and music with long and deep conversations followed by a peaceful slumber.
Day 2 (Sun)
- Wake up, freshen up and have a healthy breakfast. Pack your bags as we’ll check out today.
- We have planned a walk along the coffee estate for you, with outdoor games like basketball, volleyball etc.
- Check out from the camp, drive towards Chikmagalur town and visit the Chikka Magalu statue. Taste and shop coffee en route.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Head to Yagachi reservoir. You may go for boating and other water activities (self-sponsored).
- Visit the ancient temple of Belur for its architecture.
- Return journey to Bangalore. We will reach Bangalore by 9 PM. (Approx)
Pickup Points:- We have four pickup points in Bangalore
New Udupi Garden ( Teacher’s Colony ) HSR Layout | Teacher’s Colony, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka
KLM Fashion Mall | Marathalli | Marathalli Village, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Licious Headoffice | Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Govardhan Theatre, Yeshwanthpur | Tumkur Road, Yeshwanthpur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Things to carry:
- Soft copy of your Aadhar card and Vaccine certificate
- Face mask and Sanitizer
- Cargo/Track pants/Shorts
- Good traction shoes
- Water bottles (2)
- Cap and Sunglasses
- Personal medical kit
- Bluetooth speaker
- Flip-flops for lazing around the campsite
- Polybags to carry your wet clothes
- Extra cash for meals not included in the itinerary
- Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek
- And most importantly your sense of humor and the spirit of adventure.