What do you visualize if we ask you about a weekend on a beach? We would not be surprised if you say Goa. And that’s precisely why we need an alternative to Goa, one which is away from the humdrum of life, one which brings peace and serenity for the weekend.
This is precisely what Gokarna offers. If you are looking for a place for an escapade, to take a break after the week-long 9-5 office hours and are tired of glancing at pictures of breath-taking beaches on your monitor, go ahead and pack your bags already.
Dandeli, on the banks of river Kali, is located in the Uttar Kannada district of Karnataka. Surrounded by dense forests, the town is rich in biodiversity and forms the perfect weekend getaway for a little adventure.
At Dandeli, whether you delve into a weekend of adventure through the unexplored trails of the Western Ghats or engage yourself in watersports; you wouldn’t run out of fun things to do.
What is included in the tour
- Transfer from and to Bangalore in A/C coach vehicle
- 4 meals: 3 breakfasts (Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3); and Dinner on Day 1.
- Accommodation: 1 night in Dandeli on sharing basis in tents; 1 night in Gokarna on triple sharing basis in AC Rooms
- All toll and driver charges.
- Water sports activities in Dandeli. (River rafting (1.5 Kms), Kayaking, Boating, and Swimming)
- Team Captain.
- Trek leader.
- Local sightseeing in Dandeli and Gokarna.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel, Medical and Accidental Insurance.
- Cost which might arise due to uncontrollable natural or external circumstances.
- Anything else other than those mentioned in the itinerary.
- GST (5%) is applicable extra.
- Arrive at the meeting point to be received by our team captain. You will depart for Dandeli from Bangalore at 9 PM (Tentative).
Dandeli- Water sports activities- Sunset viewpoint- Camping
- We will arrive at Dandeli by 9 AM and check in to our campsites.
- Next, we have on our itinerary a thrilling river rafting experience in the ebullient waters of the River Kali.
- You can indulge in various water sports activities as well.
- That rush of adrenaline definitely calls for a fulfilling lunch after which we will indulge in more fun filling experiences.
- The return to the camp would be followed by a bonfire night and bonding with your fellow travelers.
- Post dinner, it is time for bed.
Gokarna Beach Trekking
- Rise and shine for we start our journey to Gokarna today after a healthy breakfast.
- Gokarna calls for beach hopping, which starts with Om Beach followed by a trek to the Rock of Peace.
- With the sun setting over the horizon, we head towards Gokarna Main Beach for café hopping.
- Dinner is followed by an overnight stay at Gokarna.
Mirjan Fort- Shravathi Kandla Mangrove Boardwalk- Boat Ride at Honnavar Backwater
- Wake up to a beautiful morning by the sea and to a ravishing breakfast.
- With a fulfilling breakfast, First on the list is the Mirjan fort built by Queen Chennabharadevi, which stands as an icon of battles and British colonialism.
- Then, we head towards Sharavathi Kandla Mangrove Boardwalk, a hidden gem amongst the lush-green forest of Honnavar.
- Lastly, Enjoy Boat ride at Honnavar Backwaters. (Self-sponsored)
- It’s time to head back to Bangalore. After all, all good things must come to an end.
Pickup Points:- We have four pickup points in Bangalore
New Udupi Garden ( Teacher’s Colony ) HSR Layout | Teacher’s Colony, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka
KLM Fashion Mall | Marathalli | Marathalli Village, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Licious Headoffice | Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Govardhan Theatre, Yeshwanthpur | Tumkur Road, Yeshwanthpur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Things to carry:
- Soft copy of your Aadhar card and Vaccine certificate
- Face mask and Sanitizer
- Cargo/Track pants/Shorts
- Good traction shoes
- Water bottles (2)
- Cap and Sunglasses
- Personal medical kit
- Bluetooth speaker
- Flip-flops for lazing around the campsite
- Polybags to carry your wet clothes
- Extra cash for meals not included in the itinerary
- Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek
- And most importantly your sense of humor and the spirit of adventure.