What do you visualize if we ask you about a weekend on a beach? We would not be surprised if you say Goa. And that’s precisely why we need an alternative to Goa, one which is away from the humdrum of life, one which brings peace and serenity for the weekend.
This is precisely what Gokarna offers. If you are looking for a place for an escapade, to take a break after the week-long 9-5 office hours, and are tired of glancing at pictures of breath-taking beaches on your monitor, go ahead and pack your bags already.
At a distance of about 500 km from Bangalore, is the sleepy temple town of Gokarna, more so known as the hippie town. While the famous Mahabaleshwara Temple is quite the attraction of the coastal town, unadulterated beaches overlooking the clear, blue Arabian Sea, adventurous treks, cuisines from all over the world, and the hippie culture is what we seek and find solace in, at Gokarna. Whether you would like to meet new people, enjoy a dance under the night sky or just a walk alone beside the glowing phytoplanktons under a dark sky, Gokarna has it all.
What is included in the tour
- Entire travel as per the itinerary by AC Tempo Traveller/Mini Bus.
- Meals- Breakfast on Day 1 & 2.
- Trip captain throughout the trip.
- Accommodation on triple sharing basis in AC rooms.
- Trek guide
- Visit to Mirjan Fort and Vibhooti waterfall
- Experience that you gain
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned under inclusions.
- Travel, Accidental and Medical insurance
- Cost arises due to uncontrollable circumstances like bad weather conditions, landslides, or some public protest. Anything not mentioned under “inclusions”.
- GST @ 5%
Day 0 (Fri)
- We start our journey overnight from Bangalore to Gokarna at 8:30 P.M.
- Enjoy a road trip of 10 hours with blazing music and cool breeze.
Day 1 (Sat)
Gokarna Beach Trekking- Games & Activities- Bonfire
- Reach Gokarna at dawn break and check into your stay. It’s time for beach trekking.
- Trek starts from Belekan Beach and ends at Om Beach. Belekan is one of the most serene and beautiful beaches where you can spot dolphins in the ocean. Relax and spot as many dolphins as you can while we prepare for the next trek.
- Next on the list is Paradise Beach which offers the best spots for photography, sunbathing, and relaxation. Paradise beach is one of the very few beaches where you can spot phytoplankton.
- Next, we follow a trail to Half Moon Beach, named after its shape, of course. Enjoy various beach activities like swimming, kayaking, paddle boating, etc here.
- Head to Om Beach and take a stroll along the Arabian to collect the most unique shells.
- What’s a group trip without a bonfire and music? Yes, we have that in store for you.
Day 2 (Sun)
Vibhuti Waterfall and Mirjan Fort
- Wake up to the dawn breaking over the horizon.
- With a fulfilling breakfast, we start our day with a Vibhuti waterfall, a hidden gem amongst the lush-green forest.
- Later, on the list is the Mirjan fort built by Queen Chennabharadevi, which stands as an icon of battles and British colonialism.
- It’s time to head back to Bangalore. After all, all good things must come to an end.
Day 3 (Mon)
- Reach Bangalore with wonderful memories.
- We assure you that you would need at least a week to get over it.
Pickup Points:- We have four pickup points in Bangalore
New Udupi Garden ( Teacher’s Colony ) HSR Layout | Teacher’s Colony, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka
KLM Fashion Mall | Marathalli | Marathalli Village, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Licious Headoffice | Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Govardhan Theatre, Yeshwanthpur | Tumkur Road, Yeshwanthpur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Things to carry:
- Soft copy of your Aadhar card and Vaccine certificate
- Face mask and Sanitizer
- Cargo/Track pants/Shorts
- Good traction shoes
- Water bottles (2)
- Cap and Sunglasses
- Personal medical kit
- Bluetooth speaker
- Flip-flops for lazing around the campsite
- Polybags to carry your wet clothes
- Extra cash for meals not included in the itinerary
- Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek
- And most importantly your sense of humor and the spirit of adventure.