Hampi in Karnataka is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with over 500 monuments in ruins that were once a part of the capital city of the glorious Vijayanagara Empire. Many regard Hampi has the second largest city of its time, after Beijing.
On the banks of the Tungabhadra, Hampi stands as a grandeur that was ancient India, with its intricate architecture all over the ruins, the sheer brilliant engineering, and a breath-taking escapade. The most important structure would probably be the Virupaksha Temple, dedicated to the patron deity of the empire.
But if you think, Hampi is all about history, you wouldn’t be more wrong. Hampi is the town where history and modernity creates a perfect blend. On the other side of the river, is the Hippie Town, where you can find aesthetic cafes, cultural performances, cuisines from all over the world, and people who would give you a different outlook to life.
What is included in the tour
- Entire travel by Tempo Traveller/Mini bus.
- Stay at campsite/hotel in Hampi.
- 3 meals— Breakfast on Day 1, 2 & Dinner on Day 1.
- Trip captain throughout the trip.
- Entry tickets for Heritage sites are included.
- Local transportation for sightseeing.
- Accommodation on sharing basis.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel, Accidental, and Medical Insurance.
- Cost arises due to uncontrollable circumstances like bad weather conditions, landslides, or some public protest.
- Water sports or any activity other than mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Anything not mentioned under “inclusions”
- 5% GST
Day 0 (Fri)
Depart from Bangalore at 10:00 PM.
Day 1 (Sat)
- We reach the campsite/hotel in the morning.
- After a delightful breakfast, get ready to hike up to the ancient Anegundi Fort.
- The view at the top won’t disappoint you.
- Break for a hearty lunch (Self-Sponsored).
- Feel the breeze of the pristine Sanapur Lake after lunch, relax by the lakeside or take a dive or go for a coracle ride (optional & self-sponsored). It’s time to relax.
- After a good time of rejuvenation, we start our journey to the base of the Anjanadri hill. Trek up the hill to the northern banks of the Tungabhadra river to witness a beautiful sunset.
- It’s time to get back to the campsite to laze around.
- Surprise Activity.
- Dinner to be spiced up with tales of the group.
Day 2 (Sun)
- Start your day with a morning trek near to your campsite followed
- Day begins by visiting the famous stone chariot.
- The Vijaya Vittala temple.
Don’t miss out on clicking tons of pictures here to boast off later.
- Lunch in the best of cafes (Self-sponsored).
- It’s time to visit the oldest functioning temple in the country
- The Virupaksha temple. Later, head to the top of Hemakuta hillock.
Spend some quality time there where you can watch the sunset behind the horizon.
- Take a stroll to the flea market and get that hippie stuff you have been wanting to.
- Dinner at one of those cute, little cafes (Self-sponsored).
- Journey back to Bangalore.
Day 3 (Mon)
- Reach Bangalore with amazing memories and stories.
If water level of Sanapur Lake is high, a swim or a coracle ride may be prohibited.
Pickup Points:- We have four pickup points in Bangalore
New Udupi Garden ( Teacher’s Colony ) HSR Layout | Teacher’s Colony, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka
KLM Fashion Mall | Marathalli | Marathalli Village, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Licious Headoffice | Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Govardhan Theatre, Yeshwanthpur | Tumkur Road, Yeshwanthpur, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Things to carry:
- Soft copy of your Aadhar card and Vaccine certificate
- Face mask and Sanitizer
- Cargo/Track pants/Shorts
- Good traction shoes
- Water bottles (2)
- Cap and Sunglasses
- Personal medical kit
- Bluetooth speaker
- Flip-flops for lazing around the campsite
- Polybags to carry your wet clothes
- Extra cash for meals not included in the itinerary
- Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek
- And most importantly your sense of humor and the spirit of adventure.